For those who still prefer to use cheques: HL_Player_Registration_Form
Mail completed form to:
c/o Maple Leaf – Cavan FC
P.). Box 274, Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0
Ways we communicate…
Join our special House League only facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MapleLeafSoccer/
Subscribe to our mailing list – http://www.mlcfc.com/contact-us/
Did a ref not show up? Please report it here: www.mlcfc.com/referee-reporting-page
Frequently Asked Questions
- For the U4 and U6 age groups we will be hosting a fun 15 minute coach lead game before every regular game – the purpose is so that every child gets a chance to have time on the ball. We will be reviewing these games with our new coaches – they will be simple games created to get every child involved and hopefully more comfortable with the ball and the team setting
- For ages U8 – U15 we will be running 3 free training sessions – these sessions will be held at Maple Leaf Park on a Saturday morning (dates will be determined and posted ASAP)- online pre-registration will be required but it will be free to all players registered in our youth program – we will be asking our competitive players who need volunteer hours to host their favorite drill in a rotation setting – we will make sure to cover all the basic skills required in soccer based on age groups (i.e. kickins, throw-ins, heading for the older players, etc.)
- We will be hosting a skills night once a week for the month of August. There will be an additional nominal charge for this (we believe it will be $25) and pre-registration will be required. Open to all age groups. More on this later
- Also, we will be continuing to add some detailed coaching support/instruction for new coaches – hoping to make it easier for those future great coaches to feel more comfortable volunteering for the first time!
- We are also looking for a few field marshals to help us during the season – please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.
Where will the games be played?
All ages will have the option of playing at Maple Leaf Park for the 2017 season!
We are still offering the U4, U6 and U8 age groups (birth year 2009-2014) the option of playing either at Maple Leaf Park or at Crestwood – please make sure to indicate your preference on your application.
What happens after I register?
A coach will be in contact with you 1-2 weeks before game day to let you know which team you are on and where to get your uniform.
What is the cost? (numbers are being finalized for the group discount)
Youth: 1-2 Children – $75 each / 3 children – $205 / 4 children – $265 (each child must reside in the same household)
AFTER APRIL 1, 2017: Youth: 1-2 Children – $85 each / 3 children – $215 / 4 children – $275 (each child must reside in the same household)
NO FRIEND REQUESTS WILL BE HONORED AFTER APRIL 1ST
Financial assistance is available. Other areas of financial assistance: http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/chapters/on/documents/kidsport_ontario_grant_online_and_email.pdf and JumpStart – Call 1-877-616-6600. Based on your postal code, a Call Centre representative will provide a contact on the closest Canadian Tire Jumpstart Chapter.
What are the age groups and potential playing nights (subject to change) for youth players?
The youngest player is birth year 2014, the oldest youth player is birth year 2002
|Year||Age Group||Maple Leaf Park||Crestwood Secondary School|
|U4 (includes U3)||Monday||Monday|
|U6 (includes U5)||Wednesday||Wednesday|
|U8 (includes U7)||Thursday||Tuesday|
|U10 (includes U9)||Tuesday||N/A|
|U12 (includes U11)||Tuesday (Spiplex Outdoor Fields)||N/A|
|U15 (includes U14 & U13)||Monday||N/A|
What are the game times?
U4 age group always play at 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm, all other age groups will have a mix of 6 pm and 7 pm game times. We try to keep the U6 games at 6 pm but sometimes there is a need for a game or two to start at 7 pm.
Do I need any special skills to coach?
You need patience and enthusiasm! We have a fantastic HL Director of Coaching who is willing to help/support you. Most HL teams have parent coaches who started off by just wanting to be involved. Without our volunteer coaches we wouldn’t have a league. Thank you to those who step-up to help out – oh and you get a coaching jersey as well!
How long does the season last?
Youth is 10 weeks – starting Monday May 22, 2017 (Victoria Day!) running until Thursday July 27, 2017 (Yes they play on holiday Monday’s). If games are cancelled because of wet field conditions we will extend the season, max 2 games. As the season starts please check the schedules page on a regular basis.
What is included?
Youth – Jersey, shorts, socks are all included in the registration fee, pizza party / player award at the year-end celebration (1/2 game and pizza party during the week of July 24, 2017).
What equipment is needed?
We do not required cleats for the U4 age group. All other age groups: Shin guards and cleats are required.
What happens during rain/thunderstorms?
Kids love playing during the rain however thunderstorms can be very dangerous. It is the ref’s responsibility to call the game if they feel safety is an issue – this will be done at the field. If for some reason the fields are too wet to play on and need to be closed then the website will be updated and coaches will be notified. Games cancelled due to wet field conditions (prior to the game start – i.e. this is not applicable when the game is called on the field) will be added to the end of the season (max 2 games) but WILL NOT AFFECT THE PIZZA PARTY DATES. Games cancelled by the refs due to thunder will not be added to the end of the season.
Need a Refund?
No problem. We understand, things happen. After April 1st there is a $20 admin fee when refunding players. As the season starts, if you need a refund there will be a $30 admin fee and a pro-rated amount deducted based on the date and number of games left. No refunds will be issued after the 5th week. Please complete the form below and someone will contact you with refund details.
Still have a question?
Please watch the website or become a fan of our facebook page or follow us on Twitter @MLCFC1 to keep up-to-date. Or we have a special House League only facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MapleLeafSoccer/ were you can ask questions.
Send us an email at email@example.com
Missing a 2016 tax receipt? email firstname.lastname@example.org